Offer

Emran Hashmi

Widescreen


After the success of The Dirty Picture, actor Emraan Hashmi now wants to make a clean film for a universal audience.


"I guarantee that in the next year I will do a film which will be clean and universal and will be a blockbuster. I won't be kissing in it. That's my word," Hashmi told reporters here today.


Confident that after staying for around a decade in Bollywood, he knows what would click at the box office, the 33-year-old actor, often termed as "serial kisser", said, "A kiss isn't enough to draw the audiences. Good story and performances are important".


Recalling that he started his career as a supporting actor in 2003 with a lot of criticism that he doesn't fit the bill of a traditional Bollywood hero thanks to his looks and dancing skills, Hashmi said, "Then I started doing films which I believed in".


"But people said that I am a one-film wonder. With films like 'Murder' and 'Dirty Picture' slowly the acceptance came. The audience lapped me up and I had the satisfaction of trying something new in my career. But it took me 7-8 years to prove," he said.


Hashmi would now be seen in the horror film 'Raaz 3' opposite Bipasha Basu.


Just like last year's The Dirty Picture, he would again be essaying the role of a film director.


"My only apprehension was - what if it becomes like Dirty Picture. But there my character was very artistic and in Raaz 3 he makes commercial films."


Comments

Offer